Sunday 15 June 2014

Father.

A very good afternoon to you all.

I was, I am and I will always be far from perfect but if I could offer up one tip on what is the key to being a great Dad (well, parent in general really), it is that spoiling your kids, giving in to their every whim and letting them dictate what goes, is a recipe for disaster.

For me it's about giving them your time, your wisdom and every ounce of your love.

It's not about giving them everything they ask for.

Make them earn things.

Teach them respect.

What you do for and to your kids when they are young, will go a long way in dictating how they and subsequently their own children turn out.

Being a Dad should never mean having an easy life and as I know from personal experience, it's never too late to have a positive influence on the life of a youngster.

I'm giving it my all and I feel blessed today (and every day) because I am lucky enough to be Dad to a wonderful young man.

It's the best job there is.

And thinking about it, I've had some great role models.

Happy Fathers Day.

Paul.

Tweet @hoganwatford

1 comment: