Tuesday 10 June 2014

40 Years A Friend.

Howdy.

It's my mate's birthday today.

I thought I'd jot down a few thoughts during my lunch break at work, as it just struck me that I've now known the birthday boy for 40 years (40 YEARS!!!) or near as dammit, having met at a local pre-school playgroup when we were about 2 years old.

That chance meeting formed lifelong bonds between two families.

He and I have been through a lot, since then.

The whole of school, family holidays, Christmas jumpers, forming a band and writing music, to name a few things.

We've seen weddings, births and death.

We've laughed and cried.

We've fallen out.

We've cursed each other from time to time.

We know things we never wanted to know.

We've come back stronger.

We are there for each other.

We don't compete.

We have respect.

We have stories to tell.

We have brotherly love.

We are getting to know the next generation.

We are family.

40 years a friend.

Undoubtably one of my greatest achievements.

Happy birthday David and cheers!

Paul.

Tweets@hoganwatford

No comments:

Post a Comment